Quote:

Very nice songs Dan. Samplemodeling is nice but It is not the only company that has developed synth settings specifically for Wind Controllers.
What about Wallander Instruments?
They sound real and they are spectacular!
A demo is available.
Quote:

Thanks Bruce,

I've been hearing good things about Wallander and the fact that you can download a demo and try it is absolutely wonderful. It's on my list of things to do.

As you can imagine, there is no substitute for actually trying out these things. How else can you have any idea of the responsiveness for one?

For example I am amazed at the samples of various Garritan soft synths:

1 Personal Orchestra -I have the latest Aria version
The flute and oboe, english horn and bassoon are great, but I'm not too fond of the solo violins etc.

2 JABB -I have the old version
I have serious problems with legato playing with JABB. There is something not right when used with WC's. It is not really done right for WC's although it is great for keyboards. I really like the Bass Sax, but don't much care for the harsh tones of the other saxes. It's probably because I'm not willing to sit and tinker with it for weeks. I get far better (more to my taste) saxophone, trumpet and violin from the Ketron SD2.

I've got tons of questions for you about Wallander.

Would you mind showing us a sample of some winds (alto, tenor, baritone sax -any Breathy Tenors?)
and some brass (trumpet, trombone with some mutes) and some solo strings (violin, viola, cello) ?

How is the responsiveness (attack, intensity)?
How do you like the software and how demanding is it of your computer?

Anything you wish they would do better?

Thanks,

Last edited by Dan Tong; 04/02/10 01:00 PM.