Originally Posted By: Scott C
Hey Mike Good to hear from you. As one who produces mostly instrumentals this is definitely my kind of stuff. Beautiful backtrack and instrumentation. Well done....

Hi Scott, Thanks for having a listen. Glad you liked it. Keep up the good work. We instrumental writers need to stick together.
Cheers,
Mike
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Mike,
Nice to see you on the fields of the Showcase! Very nicely composed and arranged tune. Listens very well. The only thing I would try to tackle is the flute. It is a king of the show, but the tone of sounds a bit synthetic or detached from the mix. I would either try to eq + reverb or possibly find another patch. In any case, nice work! Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

Thanks for your comments and advice Misha. Much appreciated.
Re the flute: When it is first introduced, the organ is doubling the melody. Perhaps that's the synthetic sound you hear. It could also be the Ezy-Mix effect I used. Interesting point though. I will investigate.
Cheers,
Mike
Originally Posted By: Al-David
HI Mike ...

It's been a long time! So good to have you back posting.

Such a lovely production! You must have spent considerable time putting this together. Dramatic. It has a gentle power that works so nicely. Excellent! Take care ...

Alan
Thanks for your kind words Alan. Two phrases I particularly enjoyed in your comments: "lovely production" and "gentle power". That'll do me! Thank you.
Keep well,
Mike

Mike Garry
BIAB 2022 (Build 927)/RealBand (5) (64bit), UltraPak, Kontakt, EZmix, Ozone 9 Elements, Hybrid 3, Audacity, Acer Predator, Windows 10, 64bit, 16GB ram, CPU: Intel i7.

https://soundcloud.com/user-952388172