Hi,

My current PC desktop is at the end of the trail. It is several years old. Since I’ve stared using RealTracks, it's been tough with my CPU often hitting 100%. I’ve been told that this is mainly because of an old mother board and a too large 500 gig hard drive I had installed. I have 2 gig of ram. I'm about to purchase a new computer. My concern is getting what is best for my music on the computer. I've looked for comments on the user group and have found little of value about purchasing a computer today, although I've probably missed the right thing. I plan on going PC desktop again. All my software is PC. I'm mainly a BIAB/RealBand user. I use lots of other music software but BIAB/RB are my main software. I use Hyper Canvas by Edirol Software, as well as M-Audio Audiophile 2496 Professional Audio Card.
My question, on purchasing the new computer with 7, what should I make sure I have. For example, I will have a lot of ram and disk space, that is very common today. What else should I be concerned with in relation to my music computer?
Thanks for any assistance you can give me.