Originally Posted By: musician17
One of your best. FJ in storytelling mode, once more. The confessional tone of the second verse takes this over the top ... especially those last two lines. How you sing/speak those is just wow.

The first two lines of the first verse hook you in straight away. "The difference between wonderin' and knowin' ". Wow. And "a huge chunk of stupid" pulls no punches - the strength of the word "stupid" contrasts perfectly with the otherwise mellow nature of the song ... makes you sit up and notice, once more.

A confessional, "mea culpa" kind of song, absolutely superbly crafted - and sung in that storytelling mode of yours that you are so, so incredibly good at.

One last thing: I've been there myself, in that place from which the character of this song sings (I guess so many of us may have been there, too) ... and that, to me personally, gives the song added poignancy. In short: you've nailed it. In every way. Bravo.

James - thanks for the great comments. You are too kind...

Originally Posted By: PeterF
floyd

Nice melancholy song, pretty backing, and I particularly liked the use of the strings.

Excellent vocal as usual that sets the mood perfectly.

Lovely songwriting.

Peter

Thanks, Peter!!