Originally Posted By: Deej56
I remain amazed at what you can do with these AI vocals and how well the vocal can flow—technology is a wonder.

Hi, Deej.

I think we're on the edge singing vocal synthesis becoming fairly standard technology. These days, you can literally find turnkey neural network based spoken vocal synthesis solutions. (It still requires a ton of marked up audio).

Singing synthesis isn't that different, so I expect in the near future it'll be a much more common technology.

Quote:
The write is wonderful, by the way. Tough to write a duet where there is that back and forth; you do an excellent job on this.

Thanks! I appreciate hearing that, although I admit that the back and forth is the easy part, since it's also the most fun.

Quote:
In terms of sound, I’m not a fan of the female synth vocal—the tone of it is a bit odd. In contrast, I really like the male vocal on this. You do a killer job in getting them to harmonize.

That seems to be the consensus, so I'll work on it.

As for harmonies... One of the really nice things about synthetic vocalists is that they don't complain when you endlessly rewrite the vocal parts. laugh

Thanks again!

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?