Quote:

Alan, I agree about using a very good synth with BB, infact I hope to understand how I can setup my Kontakt 3 with the program. I could use some really nice sax patches for the 'thru' channel.

It's a good thought but that will frustrate you too. The problem is all of those big sampler programs like Kontakt, Sampletank etc, are not GM compatible. That means that on one hand yes you can set them up to work with Biab but you have to go in and assign each midi instrument every time you want to do a different song or make changes to an existing one. That gets old real fast. A basic GM synth like the VSC, Forte or a hardware module like the Ketron are true plug and play. Whatever instruments Biab wants to use are called up instantly, no problem. This is where the old Catch 22 comes in, live with the GM sounds or spend an inordinate amount of time setting up a nice sampler for each tune manually.
The other thing is Biab only has one midi output port so you can only use one synth at a time. You can't for example use the Forte for the backing band but use Kontakt for the sax soloist. That is one of the big reasons Real Band was developed. 32 midi output ports plus it does almost everything Biab does.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.