Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Wow, Floyd. Your lyrics are always paid such homage by all that you surround them with, with all the magic you add in your production, the passion you bring in with your vocals, and the expertise you apply to the knobs on the board. So well done.

Marty - thanks for the great comments!!

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Hey man,

This is a very pretty song. Well done all around.

Love those strings. Nice touch!

Another classic.

smile

Thanks, David!!

Originally Posted By: Deej56
Floyd,

Another terrific write and the production has all your usual touches. Powerful and passionate vocal.

It’s probably just me, and so I'm a little hesitant to mention, but as it hit me in both choruses each time I listened to it, perhaps worth noting. The vocal on that first line of the chorus jumps out a bit (particularly on the end of "there'll, and on “no” and “me”) and struck me as a tad piercing—then again it could be my lousy laptop speakers, so ignore if that’s the case. It’s a small nit regardless.

For me, the write is the star here—you’re on a roll in that regard. Too many great lines here to quote. Impressive stuff!

My very best to you,

Deej

Thanks, Deej. "Too many great lines here to quote." - what writer doesn't want to hear that!!

Never be hesitant to point out a mix that doesn't sit right for you... I never want to release a song that doesn't sound as good as it can. I went back and listened on a couple of different system. Those spots that you mentioned could easily have gotten a bit too hot (loud and high as they are)... but they "sit in the mix" fairly well on those systems that I listened to (which included earbuds, car speakers and quality monitors)...