I purchased the UltraPak+ upgrade of BIAB2022. I also purchased the USB hard drive of it. I had initially intended to wait for the USB hard drive to arrive and install from that but I decided to give the new one-click download-and-install application a try. It seemed to work just fine. HOWEVER, now that I have the USB hard drive, I decided to see if the installed download version matched the USB hard drive version. IT DOES NOT MATCH! At least the Windows version doesn't match.

Using Windows Explorer I decided to copy all the contents of the Drums, RealTracks,Styles, and Soloist folders from the USB hard drive to my bb installation on my internal hard drive.

Here is what I found:

Drums -- Windows explorer reported there were 13,263 files to copy. Of those, 9710 were duplicates of what I had on my hard drive. That means that 3553 Drums files had NOT been installed by the dowload!

RealTracks -- Windows Explorer reported there were 171,301 files to copy. Of those 165,729 were duplicates of what I had on my hard drive. That means that 5572 RealTracks had NOT been installed by the download!

Styles -- Windows Explorer reported 10,056 files to copy. Of those, 9756 were duplicates of what I had on my hard drive. That means that 300 files had NOT been installed by the download! That included 150 .stx and 150 .sty files. After running the slow rebuild in my BIAB2022 StylePicker window, I ended up with exactly 150 MORE styles than I had when I had just been using the downloaded version.

Soloists -- Windows Explorer reported 5284 files to copy. Of those, they were all duplicates. That means that the download had actually installed the correct number of Soloist files.

Following on the heels of my unfortunate and frustrating experience with the XtraStylesPaks1-12 installation (and how long it took me to convince tech support that there was a problem!)I find this very disconcerting. It appears that whatever routine is building the download versions at PGMusic is not including everything it should.

I feel badly for the people who have purchased only the download version of the program and don't have anything to compare their installation against to be sure they've got all that they paid for. And I'm angry that I had to pay the extra fee for the hard drive version just to get all that I have paid for when I bought the upgrade!