Hello Marty, Stefan, Cliftond, TuneMonger and Captain Moto,

I am a bit late with my reaction to your so nice posts on the song. I read them all with much pleasure.
I was curious how the ending piece would fall. but that turned out to be good. It was mentioned several times (in a good sense).
Scott and I had some puzzling times with the solo and the timing, but I think our different DAW's caused that. I had to adjust only one second and then my systems stopped working. One second!
And it was good you weren't there when that happened...

Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
WOW, Hans & Scott, what a wonderful production. Scott, your playing is always so fitting and perfect. I like the acoustic, too, but it seems to surprise me each time it comes in. Hans, you're such a treat to the ears, and your lyrics are always so meaningful. The changes and the dynamics (not to mention those cool background yellers) really propel this melody into a pleasurable listen.

Marty, thanks for this very nice reaction you gave. That acoustic surprised Scott too. He had expected I would remove it in favor of his beautiful solo. But I was the stubborn fellow that liked them both. And the backgroud yellers as you call them, I had great fun doing that, although, I had to do it 4 times again...

Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Well, well, Hans, you surely brought that terrifying message over. And you did it very well and very strongly.
You chose a perfect band to transport your good vocals and I think those spoken parts at the end were just awesome - what an ending.
And Scott - well, that was simply a very fine piece of guitar playing.
Thanks, guys, for this fine collab.

All the best,
Stefan

Stefan, I was wondering, why "well, well". No, I was joking. Thanks for this nice compliment to Scott and me. And... mentioning those backgroud yellers as well.

Originally Posted By: cliftond
Excellent song , crisp and up front.

Cliftond, thanks for this nice comment. I was wondering if your use of the word 'crisp' had the same meaning as what Floyd was refering to. But I think it did not.

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Good collab, "We're superior on disagreeing," I liked that line, and the last line, too, of course. Nice guitar work, great job overall.

TuneMonger, you pointed at that line I liked too. At first I had another line there, but I almost got depressed watching on tv how everyone was arguing and disagreeing on everything, from vaccinations to whatever. So I came to this line. Thanks for your comment and on that about the backgroud yellers.

Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
Hans & Scott,
A joy to listen to but sad that you must sing about such a depressing subject.
Loved the vocal ping pong.
Well done.

I feel your pain with computers.
Over the past few years I've had two crash on me.
I decided to build my onw, it was easier than I imagined.
Good luck with your computers, they can be our best assistant until they turn on us.

moto

Hi Moto, Thanks for your nice comments. In a way I think I'm good in singing about sad issues.
My wife says she is not surprised when someone had died at the end of my lyrics (in my song only), because it happens often in them. That's what she said. I'm glad you had a more positive way of telling me how hard it is to sing about these events.
And about the backgroud yellers as well!

I wish I could build my own computers, although I might never write or sing songs then. I use them since the '80's and I know a lot of them, but never enough...

I wish you all a very happy Christmas And New year. With lots of nice songs!!
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130