Hello Sax,

Of course it is my belief. No one else is saying it. smile

But it is more than a belief. It is an observation backed up by evidence. For various reasons, I am inundated with sales pitches from people who promise to teach you how to write the great new bestseller. All experts. But guess how many have written one?

The Internet is flooded with these "experts" and pitches. Like the music world, the waters are infested. Price tags often start at $3,000 and go up from there.

The common denominator is that everything (or almost everything) focuses on MARKETING. Every way you look. Not content. Hype.

I cannot tell you how many people ask me to read their new book and give them a 5-star. I can't do it, because I know I should be giving a 1 or a 2 and I can't.

There is something in our culture that borders on a global narcissistic insanity and I can't even process it anymore. So, I just keep my head down and go about my business. I have no idea where it will all take us. I have participated in large studies that show the dumbing down of culture is very real and very frightening. Critical thinking skills are becoming non-existent. Most people have surrendered their brains to technology. Almost every sentence uttered is a regurgitated opinion from someone else, supported by no facts. The media supports and applauds the idiocy as long as it is the right type of idiocy.

I can't see how it will turn out well.

Oh, well. It was a good planet while it lasted.