Originally Posted By: Mark Hayes
Originally Posted By: GodTripped
Where your perception is spot on is there is no way it serves in the category of 'serious music production'. For the record, I thought it might be, but as a guitarist there is no way you can rely on BIAB to play in the same manner you would do for obvious reasons (timing, strumming technique, dynamics, even proficiency). However, you can approximate, which again is fine for fleshing out a concept but it will never be you.

I grant you, a guitarist who bought BIAB in the hopes of using it to make records while recovering from a broken wrist would probably be very frustrated.

This is for Mark and "God": I am so glad that God decided to join the forum by the way. I was wondering what was taking so long. Also God, it is great to meet you, and I was wondering what kind of trip you prefer. Is it shrooms? Are you a shrooms guy or a Ayahuasca guy? Or lady, sorry!

Anyway, by "serious" music production do we mean using some loops in Ableton and writing songs about our wet....hmmmmm....wet noses??? With Justin Bieber?? Would that be serious???

On the other aspects of Band-in-a-Box, has anyone here ever played a studio session??? I mean, actually??

Is it not apparent that aside from whatever guitar you are going to play yourself, and vocals you are going sing, piano you are going to play, violin, pan flute, whatever, that NO ONE (or few) is going to be able to tell that the bass, synth, or mandolin came from BIAB???

A backing track is a backing track.

It is what you DO with it.

Remember????? Writing songs and stuff.

Hello...hello...anyone out there???

Anybody tuning up????

Oh, and Mark, I remember you from that AOL chat room. That was some crazy a.... s.....you used to say, but I will never bring it up.

Promise.