Hi there, David, Ray, Misha and Josie,

Thanks everyone for yor responds at this song. I liked them all very much. No bad posts this time...
But to my horror I saw that I had forgotten you, David. While you were the first who reacted at the song.
Sorry for that. And it was you who I had in mind talking about that end of the song. You are in good company now. A lot more reactions dealt with that same 'sweet spot', so to say.
And the computers... well as long as I can make music it goes well

Originally Posted By: dcuny
Ha! laugh
I especially liked the ending.
Sorry to hear about your computer problems - I hope everything is working now.

Originally Posted By: rayc
Nice one gents,
Yes, the vocals are "crisp"..the spoken side parts aren't though.
Scott's lovely playing competes with your vocal when they are both centred...two strong melodies in the same space.
Interesting band, good dynamics too.
Good song.

And Ray, I was quite pleased you did mention the 'crisp' vocals, but only on the bad side of the (creation of the) song. Although... "two strong melodies in the same space" is a bit a qualification in that way. There was a little 'fight' between the acoustic lead and Scott's playing. Besides that, I asked him to play between my vocals. I like that, but only if the vocals win (in volume).

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Hans & Scott,
Excellent musical collaboration! You tackled serious subject, yet presented in a gentle way. Neat acoustic + synth backing. Scott's guitar blended very well. Strong vocals. Very good mix, especially considering all kinds of elements involved. Cool talk over disagreements at the end smile Thank you for sharing.
Misha.

Misha, thanks for your nice post. I had expected some words about my crispy vocals, but no. You didn't, but I bet you heard it. I didn't. I think it's that tinitus...

Originally Posted By: Sundance
Hey Hans,
So glad you got your technical problems worked out.
What a great message song! One of the best I've heard on here.
Also love your voice.

Much enjoyed.
Josie

Hi Josie, thanks for all these compliments. And yes, the message was 'born' when I heard for the umpteenth time that people all disagree so much on whatever issue. It circled in my head and there it was. I enjoyed creating that fuzz at the end. Gave me thoughts about scetches from Monty Python. I think you know what I mean.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas and of course a happy, musical, 2022!
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130