PT 2016 on W7

Just started happening a little while ago. No idea what changed . . .

EX: I have a midi file with say 10 tracks with midi instruments. If I have, for example, 3 tracks of different (or the same) instruments that play the same thing, at the same time, let's say 3 guitars strumming a C chord . . . an acoustic, clean electric and what ever, when the track plays, when it gets to that measure it slows WAY down, starts distorting, kinda sputters . . . and if I don't stop the track soon enough (like QUICK!) it gets hung up and plays the rest of the file to the end, SLOW and sputtering and distorted. And you cannot stop the track. All controls are locked up. It can take 15 to 30 minutes or longer to play the whole track through before quitting.

NOTE: I can open the exact file in RB and have ZERO issues. It plays in any other midi player with no issue.

The reason for having several tracks with the same "notes" and different instruments is to create a thicker sound, or sometimes to mix instruments to get a different sound. Like stacking synths to get more synth sounds/combos. But recently PT craps out when I do this.

I though it might be in the polyphony settings but I cannot for the life of me find the "CoyoteWT property page" to check the poly settings. No idea where that is. But then again, are poly settings the problem? And how would they have changed on their own?

TIA! Wayne

Learn to play guitar and/or blues harp at amazing speed! "I Just Wanna Play The Darned Thing!"
http://www.thewaynereedconnection.com
Free text & audio newsletter! (Training & learning tips)