Do they match in PT to RB? At one time they did. It's obvious they do now now.

2 issues . . . 1). I just tried to duplicate the problem, and I cannot get it to do so. It's working fine. And I have done absolutely nothing.
The problem just . . . stopped.

2). Parameters in my settings have been changing "on their own". Now before you start telling me I'm a complete novice and an idiot . . .

I'll be 73 in a few weeks. Wrote my first computer program in September of 1968. Computers have been a part of my career my entire life.

I've never changed the Time Display Format/SMPTE settings since 2006. Not in PT nor RB. Twice in the past few days they changed from Normal to SMPTE.
I found out because I went to edit some events and the edit window had too many time fields. Close it, checked, re-set it to Normal. 2 times!

Another parameter that keeps changing . . . The audio file type. I have a midi track. I render it to .wav. Should be, has always been 16B 44.1. That rate
changes to one that won't allow PT editor to edit the track. I get as prompt saying PT has no editing tools for that rate. I close it. Check it in audio
settings. Sure enough it's no longer even one of the 16 bit options in the list! So I re-select 16B 44.1. When I do I get a prompt asking if I want to
convert the wave track to 16B 44.1. I say yes. It does the conversion. Then the audio editor works fine.

I suspect a setting somewhere is causing the polyphony issue as well but I cannot find where to edit polyphony. Help Manual says look in the "CoyoteWT property page".
I have no idea where that is.

While we're talking about stuff changing . . . Anyone know why my events keep adding on their own. EX: I open events list for say, track 1, piano. I edit in half a dozen events. Mostly CCs. Do the same for the other tracks. Next time I open the event list for track one there are the same half a dozen events, repeated anywhere from 5 to 20 times. Same for the other tracks. I end up with literally 100s of extra events.

Additionally, there will now be events scattered randomly throughout the track. There will be maybe 2 or 3 events, same ones, scattered all through the events list. Always in the same order with the same values.

I clean them all out. Save the file. Close it. Open it again, and there are again 100s of redundant events in every track . . . EXCEPT the drum track. I've never seen even one added event pop into any drum tracks, channel 10. But all other tracks are LOADED with redundant events.

I've talked with tech support numerous times and they tell me it's because I'm copying this or that and yadda yadda yadda. But if I start with a file with half a dozen tracks that have ZERO events in their event list . . . How is it that after I edit in 5 or 6 events, those 5 or 6 become a 100!?!

OK, I'm done venting! LOL Anyone have a clue what's going on? If so, gimme a holler! Wayne

Learn to play guitar and/or blues harp at amazing speed! "I Just Wanna Play The Darned Thing!"
http://www.thewaynereedconnection.com
Free text & audio newsletter! (Training & learning tips)