Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt
Great recording. So clear! Heartbreaking lyrics. Outstanding vocals from both you and Janice. Top notch work here all around.

Thanks, Sean....

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
FJ, Bud & Janice.
Really well written tune. Lyrics and delivery are a treat. Neat and artistic how you slow it down and then coming back out to original tempo. That bridge: "calling" at 2:35 really opens up song. A+ main vocal and harmonies! Very smooth ending, something that I always struggle with.
Congrats to whole team! Thank you for sharing and Happy new year!

Misha.

P.S. Mix is clear, but I believe drums sound a bit dry to my ears.

Misha - Thanks from us all!

The drum sound (which is always important to me) is similar to a lot of the music that I am listening to these days (which I suppose you could label "Contemporary Country" - taking much of its sound from current Pop). Or, at least, how I hear it. That can range from washed-in-reverb to almost-completely-dry. The dry side help to make the drums sit front-and-center in the mix. Listening several times, with your comment in mind, I find that I'm satisfied with the way these (drums) turned out. As with all aspect of mixing, it can be a matter of "personal preference"...and I appreciate you taking the time to give me your thoughts on that... Thanks!!