Hey JPT,

Thanks, I'm so glad you liked the melody, that means a lot. I make up my own melodies. With BIAB doing so much, and me not singing, melody and lyrics is really all I do. I record a version of the songs I write with my crappy vocal on it and send it to the vocalist (they call it a vocal guide). I also send them a backing track of the song and a text file of the lyrics. They record their vocal and send me back a dry stem. I put the dry stem in the DAW and voila, a song! Of course, it ain't free. When I first started using fiverr for vocalists in 2019, I could find great singers for $25 a song. Those days are gone. Now $40-50 is the cheapest and the singers are good but not great. There are singers on fiverr who ask hundreds of dollars for their services. I imagine the tracks I post here would get less criticism if I could afford those singers. But sibilance and a plosive or two (or more) is normal for $50.

Hans asked why I don't sing my own songs, but my voice is not very good and it is worth it to me to have a decent voice on my songs. Occasionally I sing on novelty songs. Thanks again, I am so frustrated with how the vocals turned out technically on this song (they sound like they are in another room, apparently), so it's great to hear somebody focus on the part that is most important to me, the song itself.

Windows 10, Intel Core I5 10400, 16 gig ram, Scarlett 6i6, Komplete keyboard, Sony Acid Music Studio 11, BIAB 2020 UltraPlus Pak