I upgraded from v2019 to v2022 yesterday and just a few minutes ago installed the Build 914 update. I was hoping this update might take care of the problem I'm having, but no joy.

First off, let me state that I was NOT having this problem with v2019. It didn't appear until just a short while ago when I loaded an existing tune and tried to change an instrument. Specifically, in the bass track, "Finger Slap Bass" was selected and I wanted to change this to "Slap Bass 1". When I did so, the bass channel's instrument remained unchanged BUT the melody channel's instrument was switched to Slap Bass. WTF. I tried again just to make sure I hadn't made a fumble-fingered mistake, but nope. Just now, to see if this sort of thing was occurring with any other channels, I tried the Piano channel, and changed its instrument -- or tried to. Sure enough, the instrument didn't change, but the melody's instrument did. Next, I tried changing the melody instrument. Well, at least this channel works as intended. But apparently, none of the others do.

Just in case it should matter, although I don't see why it should, I have Cakewalk's TTS-1 indicated as the default synth.

I went to Options>Preferences and looked around in the MIDI File, MIDI Options, and Overrides tabs, but the settings there -- which I'm assuming are 2022's default settings? -- all looked reasonable. At least nothing jumped out at me as being obviously wrong.

So, anyway, I'm hoping one of you can point out what BiaB is doing wrong here. It ain't me, because I haven't changed a thing. This is all BiaB.