Thanks MarioD,

I know how to build a backing track and how to mute instruments in BIAB (the mechanics) but I struggle with the specific chords or chord progressions to use to focus in on learning arppegios, scales and other musical elements. And then there is the question on whether I'm playing them correctly.

I think using BIAB as a musical instrument practice tool makes every sense and has two parts. Part A relates to the mechanics of constructing a backing track; in general, I know how to do this.

Part B is the "music teacher/music theory" part. For example, what specific chord progressions should I use to learn arppegios or fills and how do you use BIAB as a tool in this regard? This is what I'm struggling with.

Part A + Part B = Learning Success

Put another way, and more specifically, how might a student of the bass guitar use BIAB to learn the elements of Paul McCartney's bass line in Penny Lane? You can go to UltimateGuitar and copy the chord sheet and even enter these chords into BIAB, but more is needed to effectively learn that song. As you know, a chord progression is not a bass line.

There are also web-based bass instruction sites such as TalkingBass.net but I don't believe he/they use BIAB. Conversely, there are those that are very familiar with BIAB. I'm hoping that someone in the BIAB community can give specific tips on the Part B of this question.

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.