Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Choice # 3.

My understanding is the installer will not install a file if you already have the same file and the date is the same or newer. On the other hand if PG Music has updated some files then the installer will install the updated file.

OK, so I had a live chat with PG Music support and I was told the same thing -- that the BIAB 2022 installation would skip over whatever was previously installed and I was assured that my overall installation size wouldn't just grow and grow. I was told to expect 140 to 150 GB of files in total.

I used the Download Manager and simply downloaded everything, even RT sets that I had already previously installed (although the files were not identical -- each was slightly different in file size and composition than the versions I got when I installed BIAB 2020). Then I clicked install for each of the downloaded files and let the Download Manager handle everything.

Results: after starting up the program and unpacking the new styles etc., the installation size was 144 GB. Everything seems to be working fine at first glance. I'm quite happy with it.

I think the difference is that I manually installed each file before, and it probably created redundancies and grew my installation size beyond what was really needed. To confirm this, I even manually reinstalled files I had already installed and, sure enough, the installation size just kept growing.

So kudos to the PG Music team for sorting this out. I highly recommend doing everything through the Download Manager!

And many thanks for your helpful answers, Jim, which led me in the right direction.