Hi TuneMonger,

There was not much of anything "intentional" about the musical structure. Just picked up my guitar and started playing. My main concern was to tell an accurate story.

The lyrics were super difficult to write. I wanted everything to accurately represent actual events and feelings that repeatedly took place in the 1970's/1980's in Miami/Fort Lauderdale and the Bahamas. If you owned an airplane, a boat, and a TV in those days you would have been well aware of what was going on around you. Don Johnson and Miami Vice were pretty hard to miss. It was very normal if you owned certain brands of boats to be stopped and searched almost every time you left or returned to port everglades.

Shoot-outs at Dadeland Mall, the Broward county sheriff telling everyone to buy a gun because he could not protect them, Cocaine cowboys shooting it out in the streets. The President of the United States created a special drug enforcement task force just to address the issue in Miami. It is a history Miami would most likely like to forget.

Being a commercial pilot and owning my own airplane at the time put me in the environment to have exposure to the realities of the time. You don't have to be a drug smuggler to understand the fear involved in flying in remote areas of the Bahamas and the Caribbean when the sparse navigational devices stop working.

Many of the pilots who decided to become smugglers were Vietnam vets looking for a flying job that reminded them of the experiences from the war. Many felt disconnected and looked down upon because of their involvement in the war. Outcast from society...so why not?

I am not trying to justify anyone's involvement in this abhorrent business. Just to provide a little clarity on what went on and why it happened and how different segments of society felt about it.

Billy

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo