My 2022 BIAB UltraPak is due to arrive today.
I’m still undecided as to whether I should run it from the USB 3.0 Hard Drive or install it over my 2019 version on my C drive (The RealTracks and RealDrums are installed on my D drive).
Is it possible/advisable to first try the USB 3.0 Hard Drive install (including RealDrums and RealTracks) to see how it performs (speedwise)? Then, if this seems OK, is it possible to simply(?) uninstall my 2019 BIAB?
If the USB install seems slower, how can I then uninstall the USB 3.0 Hard Drive install and then install BIAB 2022 to the PC’s C drive (with RealTracks and RealDrums on my D drive)?
I guess I’m trying to save space on my C drive (I won’t have enough space for a Windows 11 install in the future – I don’t know if that’s important).
BUT, the most important thing is, I don’t want to lose any performance/speed with BIAB/RealBand.
What would you advise?
Thanks, in advance,
Mike
(I also posted this in the BIAB(Windows) forum but this might be the better place.
My PC specs (Windows 10) are:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2801 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
C drive (SSD): used 77.5b of 118gb (40.5gb free)
D drive (HDD): used 507gb of 930gb (423gb free)

Mike Garry
BIAB 2022 (Build 927)/RealBand (5) (64bit), UltraPak, Kontakt, EZmix, Ozone 9 Elements, Hybrid 3, Audacity, Acer Predator, Windows 10, 64bit, 16GB ram, CPU: Intel i7.

https://soundcloud.com/user-952388172