Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Ah, so you ran out of that Norwegian Weed, huh? I'll admit I cringed when I read HARSH PUNK SOUND, but pushed Play anyway. WOW! So glad I did, Mark. This is really cool --very creative. Gave it a couple spins, and it deserves more. My Irish mom might not think so, but I think it is a great piece of musical magic. Really odd melody for the singer. Really enjoyed it!

Thanks, Marty! I'm really really glad you enjoyed. Even after "dedumbing" I was worried this might come off as a joke, you know, ha ha traditional song played as a headbanger, which was not at all my intent.

I learned the tune in the summer of 1980, from Robin Williamson's book on how to play the pennywhistle. I played it sitting on a rock near a waterfall while people bathed in the plunge pool (Ithaca, NY). I am outrageously delighted to have found this way to weld it into a heavier piece of metal in 2022.

Oh, and I did indeed swear off Norwegian Weed. Once you've had a taste of Boreen Green, "no pipe you'll smoke" without it. =&^)