Originally Posted By: dcuny
Hi, floyd jane (and the Merritts)

It's up to your high standards, as usual. Well sung, good arrangement, excellent mix.

The bridge was especially cool - I saw from the lyrics that it was coming, and it didn't disappoint!

But... I didn't buy the premise, probably because I think too much.

I mean, it's set up properly, and the narrator makes a argument that he's always crashing and burning, and expecting to be forgiven. So everything fits nicely until the end of the chorus:

and desperately hoping to stop the slide

It's a bit like having someone who's never stopped drinking say their worried about falling off the wagon. Since the narrator has always been willing to jump into bed with someone, there's nothing to "slide" away from.

Unless there's a level of irony in the song I've missed. wink

Of course, that didn't stop be from playing the song a couple more times, just to enjoy it again.

Especially with the lovely harmonies. They're a wider and more staggered than usual.

That makes them pop, but when the consonants don't line up, there's as ch on the left speaker, and a millisecond later, one of the right speaker, or the other way around.

It got me thinking how much I expect everything I hear to be immaculately edited and corrected. Which, of course, is the opposite of what you're doing here. laugh

It also seemed a bit more warm than your usual mix, which I liked.

Excellent work, as always!

Glad you liked it and J&B accept full responsibility for the lyric premise and harmony phrasing smile

J&B