a Very Happy New Year
to all of you and thanks for
this masterpiece !

Cheers
Dani

Thanks from the lot of us, Dani...

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Beautiful song!

Man, such great writing! And the vocals are sublime.

Love the "calling, calling" bit at 2:39, and loved the ending too.

Nice way to end off the year I think wink

We appreciate that, Dave....

Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
I don;t know who wrote the opening line "i know i should have drawn the line/a drink or two before closing time," Bud or you, but it sure is a good one!

"a fool opens dangerous doors/forgiveness has its limits, you reached yours"---Man, that's great too!

Excellent vocal and Janice's harmony blends so well with your voice.

Thanks, Scott. Those lines (both) were a mix of Bud's ideas and me expanding on them - so a CO-Write!!
And thanks for the note on the blend - I agree!!

Originally Posted By: musician17
My word!!! It's 15 past midnight here, and I'm listening to this ... wow. Had problems with my browser, wouldn't let me play this song, hence my lateness with my comments. Regardless: WOW. I can't articulate my feelings at this hour on listening to this, but: one of the most beautiful songs I've heard you sing, Floyd. Full credit to you and to the Merritts. I may post again, in the morning, when I'll hopefully be more articulate. One line, though: "always hoping you'll be on the other side". We've ALL been there, the way you write has universal appeal, because you talk to some of the deepest feelings that any human who has even remotely lived a little has had, and you know how to "press our buttons", emotionally speaking. CONGRATULATIONS to ALL responsible for this small masterpiece :-)

James - we really appreciate that! Thanks for the great review...