I have been using Studio One Pro since v2. I've tried most of the audio editors and really didn't get on with any of them until I bought Acoustica Premium by Acon Digital.

Acoustica

The primary reason I wanted an audio editor in addition to SO Pro was for the spectral editing. That's something that no DAW offers. I work out of my house, not a studio. Lots of background noises of various types that need to be dealt with.

Acoustica is stable and FAST. It loads faster than just about any other app of any type that I own. It's user interface is light years ahead of SpectraLayers, my previous spectral editor.

For BiaB users, the included Remix tool could be very useful. It creates different instrument stems from 2-track stereo recordings.

Acoustica offers a 30-day free trial.

The Premium edition also includes the following:

- Mastering Suite consisting of Equalize 2, Dynamics, Multiband Dynamics, Limit and Dither.

- Verberate 2, our renowned natural sounding reverb plug-in

- Restoration Suite 2 with four plug-ins for audio restoration: DeNoise 2, DeHum 2, DeClick 2 and DeClip 2.

- Extract:Dialogue automatically reduces background noise in dialogue recordings

- DeWind:Dialogue automatically reduces wind noise from dialogue

- DeRustle:Dialogue automatically reduces clothing rustle and microphone bump noise from lavalier
recordings

- DeBuzz:Dialogue automatically reduces buzz and hum noises such as neon light buzz, AC power hum, RF transmission interference from dialogue recordings

- Transfer, an AAX plug-in that makes audio transfers between Pro Tools and Acoustica a breeze.

About the only thing NOT included is their Deverberate plugin; that's a separate purchase.

EDIT: I may need to walk back my comment re no DAW supporting spectral editing. Studio One v5.5 is due to be released today (11 January). It's 7h30 here in France, but it's not up yet. A screen shot looks like spectral editing of some type.

Last edited by TheMaartian; 01/10/22 08:39 PM.

ThinkPad i9 32GB RAM 7TB SSD; Win11 Pro; PreSonus Studio 1810c; BiaB 2024 Ultra
Studio One 6 Pro; MuseScore 4; Melodyne 5 Studio; Acoustica Premium 7; Guitar Pro 8
Gig Performer 5; NI S61 MK3; Focal Shape 65; Beyerdynamic DT 880 & 770