My laptop regularly receives Microsoft Windows 10 updates. Most of the time it's reboot and done. Sometimes there is a hangup during the reboot so I have to reboot multiple times as the computer works through all the updates.

This time was different. Laptop reboots, the fan starts roaring, display go blank and it stays that way. Multiple reboots don't make a difference.

Boot, boot, boot until I can get laptop to boot up into diagnostics and recovery mode. Fresh Windows install while saving files and settings.

A lot of stuff is gone but a lot of stuff remains on the hard drive. Band-in-a-Box remained but required a fresh activation.

I'm pretty sure I know what I'll be doing for the next few days.

Side note, the Winston-Salem, NC area is supposed to get clobbered with a snow, sleet, freezing rain combination Saturday night and all day Sunday. The Weather Channel cable network has a weatherman named Jim Cantore that is well known for his live shots during extreme weather events like blizzards, floods, tornadoes and so on. Guess who was spotted deplaning at the local airport; yep Jim Cantore. I guess that makes it official it's gonna' be a bad one!

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home