In chord options it is possible to use Rest Type: Rest Only, Shot and Hold, you can either control this for All Instruments or All Except - and here's the request:

I am missing the option to do it with all the tracks I have in my mixer and not only the first 5 instruments (Tracks)

Written in the Chord Sheet
"C...DBG1G4" would make life easy since I want to Hold all instruments except Bass (Track 1), Drums (Track 3), Guitar 1 (Track 4) and Guitar 4 (Track 6)

I understand that neither Melody Track or Soloist Tracks from the beginning were supposed to or thought as being substituted with Rhythm based tracks, but now I have even Utility Tracks I might want to Choose an individual Rest Type for.

I know that the workaround would be making two song files where I just switch/replace the first 5 instruments - but that would mean I need either a DAW or Audio rendering of one part and then import the audio track into the song. And if I want to make changes in the Chord Sheet I have to do it in two songs files and then again render one of them to audio...that's a nightmare workflow

Another approach was to choose between All Instruments or Selected Instruments (make the choice "positive") - in some cases I want my Drums to be silent for the first half a bar and then appear (kick in) in the second half of that bar - typically used when introducing the drums as a type of delayed drum intro or the last 2 ticks at the end of a Drop (the silent part of a song) to add early tension to the final Chorus.
I hope this makes sense

Last edited by Peters Garage; 01/13/22 01:30 PM. Reason: Additional suggestion

MacMini M1 - BIAB2021 - Logic Pro X - iZotope Music Production Suite - Scaler 2 - far too many Waves plugins and Line 6 Guitars and boards + a fantastic Yamaha THR10ll mini Amp - Avid MBOX Studio

Peters' Garage is available on all major streaming services