Originally Posted By: rayc
The changes for the chorus are classic, and very effective,in lifting the song and expectations.
I had this cranked as the intro was so gentle and the vocals came in as quite a shock...I then turned things down and started again...works perfectly at "reasonable" volume/levels.
The string squeak at 3.09 either adds authenticity or is annoying - depending on the listener.
It bothered me - but only for a moment.

Yet another sincere, relatable narrative - you do them really well and there's no sign of staleness or overwrought compensating - set to a succinct backing and communicated with THAT voice.

REALLY, really cool.

ray - thanks for the fine review! Much appreciated, of course. Sorry about the initial loud vocals smile For me, there is an appropriate level for an acoustic guitar. That generally is a lower volume than many folk mix to. That can cause that initial vocal burst. I hadn't noticed the squeak. It IS definitely noticeable (once pointed out).

Originally Posted By: dcuny
Easy listening - relaxed beat, mellow singing, laid back arrangement. Subtle harmonies. Good mix. The banjo was a nice addition.

And of course, well sung.

One of those writes that signals the "twist" far in advance, but it's still so sweet when it finally lands. laugh

David - thanks! Indeed, one of those I-saw-that-coming-from-a-mile-away lyrics. Spend any time writing in Nashville and you get that gotta-have-a-happy-ending ingrained in ya in a hurry (and after a while you might get a bit lazy about it). Waddya gonna do? smile smile wink

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Really great song done with your signature style man.

I enjoyed it a lot. A great message for all of us for sure.

smile

Thanks, David!