Originally Posted By: Bob Calver
I think there is a basic flaw in the original question. Firstly there are still only 12 notes in a major/minor scale. BIAB and RB are stuck with that when it comes to midi. (I know eastern music uses quarter tones but that really complicates things with a chord based program like BIAB)

with that in mind any midi part already in BIAB can be played on a synth patch. but then you come to the problem of sound. synths are totally flexible. for a RealTrack audio recording the synth sound may not be what i am looking for but i would be stuck with it. and who decides what sound to record in the first place?

but with midi there are numerous free synths - i have crystal which works with sforzando. but to get the sound i want i need to play with the synth settings.

a piano to a large extent is a piano - rhodes, upright, grand etc. but synth sounds are a whole new can of worms.

so what do you want the synth to play? surely there is a midi part in BIAB somewhere? but what do you want to play it on? set your own sound on the synth of your choice.

i'm sure the OP has something in his head - and it's probably achievable in BIAB but it will take a little work. but getting that sound in BIAB courtesy of PG Music - who are not mind readers - at the touch if a button without making an effort is a a little too demanding.

I actually like some traditional instruments like guitars in music. But if there are too many guitars, pianos, it will feel like oldies.
The most important thing is that many popular songs now don't really have these traditional instruments, just some nice electronic sounds.

WIN10 20H2, AMD R4800H ,16G , 2T ,FOCUSRITE 2i4 MKII,Studio One,FL STUDIO