I learnt on BIAB when it was on floppy discs. Its an auto accompaniment program and I use it to rough out a song then do the final tweaking in RealBand.

what you can do in BIAB is amazing these days but i find a lot of the stuff i want to do is easier in RB.

try this simple test. create a song in BIAB. then open the saved file in RB. you'll see immediately that all the instruments are on tracks you can see.

you can edit, copy and paste, change instruments and you can see everything in front of you. in BIAB its more difficult. and if you want to record, just select a track and connect your mic or instrument. and if you want to record several tracks you have lots to choose from.

spend five minutes in RB and you'll find your way around most things. then go back to BIAB and you'll see its less obvious how things are accessed.

what you can do in BIAB is amazing but i personally find it more complicated and less transparent than RB. but in RB i can do everything i need. some people prefer to stay in BIAB but i learnt on BIAB and RB's predecessor Powertracks. the two programs are complementary.

try the test i suggested. see what you think.

Last edited by Bob Calver; 01/19/22 12:02 PM.