Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Originally Posted By: sslechta
Playing off Herb's comments, my first guitars in junior high school (early 80's) were electrics for that reason. Most of the other kids I hung with at the time were the same. Much easier to learn when you're not having to hold those thick strings down..... smile

Indeed.... and for many years, all I knew where Black Diamond guitar strings.... those thing were like the steel cables that hold up bridges. The concept of bending one far enough to alter the pitch of the string noticeably was totally foreign. Then, a school chum I was jamming with in his mom's basement, mentioned that he had found a new kind of string at the music store that promised to change everything. It was a brand called Ernie Ball Super Slinky strings..... The bright pink ones starting at .009 and going to .042. My life changed that day.

Imagine Chet Atkins stringing his guitar with wires from his screen door, as he talked about years ago! Talk about rough on the fingers!

My wife asked if I had seen the dog bowl. I told her I didn't even know he could.