Ok, so I'm sure most if not all of us have used different features within the program to aid in completing a song beyond it just being the "Band behind you", whether it be suggestions of chords here & there, contribute a solo, intro or even a middle. But what about the whole thing, the entire song from start to finish?! Is that even feasible??
Well, today was my first time in doing precisely that; not just because I seem to have rather "misplaced my musical mojo" about 18 months ago or so, but also I was always aware of this as something the program was supposedly being able to do but I never really looked at as any sort of seriously viable thing, and quite frankly always suspected the demos of this had to have been 'fiddled' with by humans at some stage. But now the curiosity has finally got the better of me, so I give you: Band-in-a-Box, the artist - and it, to my astonishment, in return gave me this absolute beauty of a piece:

SLOWLY DISAPPEARING

All I did was randomly pick the genre parameters (see screenshot) & sound sources where needed, and the program did the rest*, even the intro isn't mine cool

p.s. I was told this one might do well with lyrics so if any of you 'wordsmiths' out there see this one as a viable candidate, feel free to experiment.

* Note: The newer versions of the program now prefer to use RT styles for this task, but since there were elements of the midi style it would otherwise would've used in this case that I quite liked, I subtly 'merged' portions of it onto the other. And that's the only input I had in this little experiment.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Parameters.png (123.91 KB, 97 downloads)
Last edited by Icelander; 01/25/22 03:42 PM. Reason: Afterthought

There's only one thing to do in crisis like this - Sleep on it!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
BBox 2022 Audiophile, Mac Pro Intel, OSX 10.6.8, 800x600 (TV VGA)