Bass Thumper......Cool blues jam. Almost every backyard jam session I ever went to invariably started with a blues jam in A. Sometimes, several hours and many beers later, we were still on the same blues jam with a slightly different groove and possibly in a different key.

Yes, many of us here use Cakewalk in one form or another or some other DAW. The DAW you choose is totally a personal choice. Cakewalk by Bandlab is now free. And it's the big, full featured one that used to cost hundreds of dollars. In addition, most of us are using s USB interface of some sort or another. The main reason being functionality and features for editing and doing other things to the music.

If you have BB, and are on a windows PC, you already have a DAW called Real Band that came with BB. It is fairly useful as a DAW but it does lack some of the functionality and features you would find in Sonar, for example. But that withstanding, several here do use it exclusively to do their music.

The point is, you have started. Now if you want to pursue this at some other level..... you'll probably start looking into those things and more. Get the gear you want, to do what you want to do, in the way and to the quality you want it done..... then learn how to use it. We're here to help and assist and provide information when you ask for it. That's how I learned. One step at a time and ask lots of questions.

Oh and yes.... people here do collaborate. All you have to do is ask.

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 01/26/22 06:03 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.