Hey Hacker,
Thanks for the brief orientation, for a newbie all of this can be like drinking from a fire hose at times. I am aware of Real Band and do have it; opened it once or twice but couldn't figure out what it's main purpose in life is. Like Cakewalk, Audacity is free and does pretty much what I need it to do . . . so far.

As for new tools for my toolbox my approach is generally to first identify what it is I'd like to do, then, if my tool set can't fully do it to then search for a tool that can. To that end . . .

Do you find that you need or use software to generate chord progressions? Or does BiaB and your personal music skills suffice?
I'd like to find a good software or website that can give ideas on chord progressions and song structure; Intro, V1, V2, Chorus, Bridge, etc. Although, there is a certain satisfaction that comes from generating chord progressions and structure thru experimentation.

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.