Quote:
is this a VST or a standalone?
What do you see as the primary benefit?
Do you load another keyboard inside of it, to play?
I am sorry, the video confused me a bit!

Good questions.
The free version of Midiculous is a standalone program only. The Pro Pro version provides a VST plugin version along with the standalone.

This program is typically seen alongside OBS or other screen\steaming application as a teaching aid for musicians. But you do not need any other application to use it fully. Check out my friend Simeon on Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSFUjfyrVz6D3KyqQ5JUkOQ
He uses this in every video to show what chords and keys he is playing.

I guess this would be applicable to a unique group of folks. But the price makes it possible for anyone to enjoy.

For me it is a learning aid. Seeing notation, along with chord names and chord voicings as I play is a big help in my understand during composing.

The free version comes with all the Midi sounds and it also permits you to insert an external VST to play via its VST manager (see picture) to get HiQ sounds.

The money ball for me is the ability to split each window out and place them anywhere on the screen. Chord window, notation window, keyboard window - and then close all the rest since I don't use it as a midi player. But that splitting is the Pro version only! Free version requires you to keep all elements visible.

Oh, did I mention besides the piano keyboard this will also display chords, notation and notes on a guitar or bass fretboard with flexible tuning. So when the guiatist asks the keyboard player how to play the C#m7(#11)(b5) in the turnaround, he can just show him on the screen. grin

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Capture.PNG (202.01 KB, 215 downloads)
Last edited by MusicStudent; 02/05/22 02:31 PM.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper