guys.
i seem to remember i looked at a used mk awhile back.
if i remember one can record on multiple channels.
but of course be aware that it all has to be set up correctly in not only windows audio devices but also
in ptraks drivers as rharv mentioned as well as like most mixers of this ilk...setting up the traks one wishes to record on.... in ptraks.
it will be the same whatever daw is used. ableton or reaper or any other daw. correct set up is of primary importance.

ideally also if were me i would make sure i was recording the traks to a decent pc rather than some old clunker
of yore.
to the op...tech details on your pc would help others assess the situation better.
i would also suggest one records and plays back from
a fast ssd drive "different" from the one that is used
by the win os.
otherwise win might interrupt recording processes running.
...is this alaptop or desktop. ?

another point is ...i keep my recording pc off the net otherwise there is a possibility that anti virus and
net tasks/processes and other win tasks can interrupt the primary recording daw task.

the above is what i recommend...ie dont load the pc with lots of tasks running at the same time primary recording process is takeing place.

feel free to disregard the advice and run ones own tests.

to the op , please confirm that the mixer comes with its own control panel...and please post pics of your win recording n playback settings as well as a pic of your ptraks settings and the mixer software user control panel.

frankly a LOT of people get frustrated settings things
up properly. be aware there IS a learning curve often.

also if i remember you tube has videos on setting up a mk to record to multiple traks in a daw on a pc.

hth/ymmv
om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 02/08/22 02:10 PM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)