Originally Posted By: ricobasso
Originally Posted By: Mark Hayes
< The advice that I saw expressed repeatedly, and which I wound up taking, is to "unfold" everything you do into one long timeline from beginning to end, and work on your song that way. This lays it all out and eliminates any problems or guessing games about what BIAB will do. >

I will certainly do this if and when I use BIAB as a staring point or DAW - but I very rarely work on songs in BIAB in this way. What I mostly use BIAB for, is to create a quick transposable leadsheet and maybe a sample MP3 to send to other band members prior to a rehearsal. In which case I don't like the inconvenience of working with a long linear chord sheet window and I often change my mind as to where reapeats and or coda will be. Seems reasonable to me.

Hi, I just wanted to clarify the attribution here. I said that, not Charlie.

I also should emphasize again that I cannot speak to the benefits of using BIAB repeats, which I'm sure are real. Sounds like for your purposes they are desireable for all the usual reasons, and I'm sure folks here will be able to help you get whatever you need.

Personally, I'm still inclined to avoid those areas of BIAB functionality that require almost anthropological speculation regarding what it's doing under the covers. =8^)

Last edited by Mark Hayes; 02/21/22 06:37 AM.