Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Really cool tune. Reminiscent of the golden days of soul music. I like the song. Kinda has an Al Green, Smoke Robinson, smoothness to it, I would say Barry White but his vocals are 2 octaves or more below the way you sang this. Totally quality work.

I'm not a fan of the vocal treatment. Seems to be a lot of high end. And it's a few dB low.... could stand to come up a tad. At 1:37 the BGV seemed to jump out very briefly. Although .... those comments are my opinion. Since I know your skill level, I realize you very likely selected this vocal treatment intentionally as an artistic choice. So feel free to ignore what I said in this paragraph.

All around.... a great job as always.

Thanks Herb. I kinda like the vocal treatment for this type of song but to be honest I think I have ear fatigue so you're most likely accurate in parts of your assessment (though I do like high end). For the first time I've handed off all production mixing of my tracks to a 3rd party so I'll see what he comes up with. Like I said I'll be taking a good break from writing and producing. I was a top tennis and racquetball player for many years and it's finally caught up with me. The Cortisone shots don't work anymore so I'm going in for shoulder surgery next month. Not sure how long the recovery will take. I have a few more songs to finish up then I'm done for a while. Thanks for the comments and I'll be checking the forum periodically to see what's new. Cheers !!