Originally Posted By: rharv
Do you have somewhere to post one of your failing SEQ files?
On the target tracks; is the Track Type MIDI or Audio?
IOW, what is your default track type? I assume Audio since you said you rarely use MIDI (which seems weird for a guy with a bunch of synths).
If Audio, are they MONO or Stereo?

Just pondering possible causes since it seems to be related to the file you have saved.
.. or your Untitled.Seq file if you haven't ever saved it.

Wonder if renaming that file so it creates a new one would do anything.
I'm pretty sure RB opens that file (if it exists) when you open RB, as a default.
If that default file it opens is corrupted, I suppose everything you did after that would have issues.

No harm trying .. force RB to create a brand new starting file (Untitled.SEQ) by renaming the old one .. in whatever folder you are running RB from.

At least then we know the base seq file template is clean
maybe??
Sure is a weird one from what we know so far

Link to problem child is HERE

The link is to a newly created file not related to the one I made initially. It is a rather unimaginative thing that is just a chord progression that will get looped. The style SHOULD be _DIRE_ST. I say should be because I don't know what is functioning correctly and what isn't. I made that little file (just 8 measures), tried to generate, got only drums, and did not resave.

My default track type is audio - mono. (When I want to play with MIDID I change a track one at a time and play the data in. I will do that more as I sort this stuff out and change my gear from tabletop racks to one server rack type tower. I needed to buy more cage nuts and an installation tool and more rack screws.) I have some weird stuff in my mind that will require me testing different sounds so now playing MIDI data in rather than playing the track right many times is the more prudent path.)

Something to mention is that Muso created a file with the same style I am using and it worked fine, BUT he has not yet updated to V4. I am currently installing 2022 upstairs and will try the seq file BEFORE running that patch.

What gets me is they at PG WERE able to duplicate this issue. That would seem to lessen the likelihood that it is my PC that's the problem. Maybe there's a small glitch in the latest update.

Other things I have done are to try and load a demo from the style page window and loading a copy of an old song that failed the same when when I tried to regen the old song, so it isn't just this song. I don't know any way I haven't tested. You know pretty well how thorough of a nerd I am.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.