Hi Floyd, Mario, Scott and Mark (again;-)),

I was very pleased with your posts! It meant you like to raise questions too...

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Hans,
LOVED that opening!! And the BAND (and ALL the parts added) stay REALLY interesting from start to finish.
I like the write. Good questions, for sure. More people should be asking those kinds of questions.
Well sung. Mix sounds good.
One of your best! (there are a lot of good ones)
fj

Hi Floyd, of course many people would have the same kind of questions. They didn't go so deep, but still the answers are not yet given...
Thanks for your huge compliments. I hope you will tell me many more times that the song is one of my best.
I hope I can improve to that level! The intro was -in a way- a coincidence. The song felt a bit dull at first, so I tried several things to bring some tension in it. In this case it was a part of a loop from Apple/Logic pro.

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Yes, great questions that we all should ask
I liked the transition from world to personal, extremely well done
Super vocal backed by an outstanding band
Outstanding lyrics
loved it
PS - the Bible has the answer to your last question.

Mario, like i wrote to Floyd, I don't think the questions were so great, but it was nice to raise them and come more and more to the personal ones and then end with something like 'who cares'. Very nice you liked the song and that twist. And I fear even the Bible has no answer for that last question... But who cares as long as we are free to believe what we want, don't you agree?

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Very cool intro Hans. Super mix. Very clean lots of separation. Another excellent vocal and lyric. Loved the backtrack and chord progressions. Well done.

Scott, what is there to say about the nice post you wrote? Just thank you a lot! As I wrote to Floyd and Mario about the intro, it just happened (after listening to ten million loops...

Originally Posted By: Mark Hayes
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
my idea back in 2016 was to muze or raise questions about political or social issues and soon after that the personal ones. I had noticed people often start with mentioning these big issues and finally come to what really matters for them. That's what I copied in the song.

Thanks for explaining, I know some might think it against the rules of esthetic criticism but I appreciate being able to ask you the artist what you had in mind.

This has me recalling the song "Easy To Be Hard" from the musical "Hair", which does a very different take on the personal and political:

How can people have no feelings?
How can they ignore their friends?
Easy to be hard, easy to be cold
Especially people who care about strangers
Who care about evil and social injustice
Do you only care about the bleeding crowd?
How about a needing friend?
I need a friend

Mark, the part of the lyrics you send have indeed a very nice twist on the big questions raised before. Like that, but haven't noticed it back in time when the musical Hair played. I remember! I was in London at that time, but in love...

So thanks everyone and have a really nice weekend in spite of the Ukraine crisis,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130