I'm back. It's the middle of tax season so I'm pretty busy right now.

One guy I talked to thinks it could be the HDMI cable being too old because this is a new computer and the cable may not be up to current standards. I think it is probably one of the early versions of HDMI so I bought a new one. Here's yet another weird glitch. I simply switched out the cable and now no connection between the computer and my Yamaha reciever so I put the old one back and still nada. Now I'm going whatthehell? I messed around with it for a half hour trying 2 other cables and no, what worked fine with the original cable now seems dead no matter what cable I tried. I have 4 inputs on the receiver so I gave up on input 2 (1 is the sat box) and plugged into input 3 and it's all good. On a whim I plugged back into input 2 (the original one) and now it's fine too. What? Man, modern electronics, eh? I must of plugged back into input 2 like 6 times and nothing, now as soon as I plug into input 3 which worked fine and then back into 2 it now works fine again? Jeesh. Anyway after two days with the new cable no issues so far.

Thanks for the comments.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.