Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
My suggestion to help new users with correct settings would be to recommend they return the interface they purchased and replace it with a quality stand alone, digital multi track recorder from Zoom or Tascam No latency, interface settings, crashes, deep menus, hours of setup and troubleshooting.

They can have recorded their first song in an hour. There’s no steep learning curve and it will last for years and will never become obsolete.

Best of all, they come with complete step by step instructional manuals with pictures, arrows circles, etc.

The problem I find is most people don't read the instruction manuals, or look at the pictures etc. I have tried to help people in person before. I ask them where the manual is for their equipment and I get a deer in the headlights look. There is a manual? Sure, sometimes, most times now, it is a pdf from the web site. Not too many printed manuals anymore. The manufacturer's web site usually has good videos too. Just like PG Music does.

I find the BIAB manual a little obtuse. That's just me. It should be way more helpful. Sometimes a picture would be very helpful and it does not have one. It sometimes calls menu items or buttons by names that are not actually what they are called in the program which can be really confusing and I have been using BIAB since it was on floppy disks way back.

Last edited by etcjoe; 03/22/22 10:00 AM.

My wife asked if I had seen the dog bowl. I told her I didn't even know he could.