There Ain't No Way

Di and I have been very sick since early January - somewhat better now. I've had two surgeries. I currently have a cast and metal rod from my fingertips to my shoulder - complete reconstruction of left elbow and wrist. Typing is quite a challenge! No guitar playing for at least 4 - 6 months.

Anyway, I don't have anything new to offer at the moment (a couple partially completed, though - still need vocals and mixing). This is the very first song we posted to the User's Forum in early 2012" We wrote it in 2011 using BIAB version 11.5. It's the third song we ever recoded using BIAB.

At the time, I knew absolutely nothing about mixing. So, there are issues there. But we no longer have the original stems, so all I had was the final stereo mix to "massage". But, we think it's a good song, so I thought I would resurrect it for the newer forum members to hear - big, ugly warts and all.

If I ever find a list of the original tracks, I'll post them. But I suggest not holding your breath. Hope the song is tolerably listenable.

PS: I owe a couple of forum members replies to PMs. I will get to those as soon as this cast and metal rod are removed (2 -3 weeks, they say). Di says "Hi" to all. I'll try to get some listens in but the comments will be very brief as this is a big, heavy cast and I only have finger tips to use. Thanks in advance.

There Ain't No Way
© 2011 Alan D. David, BMI / Diana Bowers, BMI – All Rights Reserved

(v1)
You never ask, but I know you have to wonder
If you’ll always be my heart’s only hunger
Well, don’t you worry, you’ll never have to grieve
You’re everything that I could ever need
When I’m feeling down, you’re my inspiration
When all is lost, you’re love is my salvation
I’ll never leave you, girl, there ain’t no way

(v2)
We both know, sometimes my eyes are lookin’
It’s nothing more, there ain’t nothing cookin’
Baby I know where my bread is buttered
My heart is locked, shackled up and shuttered
You’ll never have, to wonder bout me Baby
My love is real, ain’t no place for maybe
Girl I’ll never be untrue, there ain’t no way

CHORUS

Don’t you worry Honey, I’ll always be your man
If nothin’ else, I hope you understand
I ain’t goin’ nowhere, ain’t gonna play
No, there ain’t no way

INSTRUMENTAL

(v3)
Our love is Heaven, and you’re a perfect angel
Girl you’re so lovely, I wouldn’t want to change you
There’s not a thing, I need that you can’t give me
The love we share, is real not fake or glitzy
Oh it’s for real, no lies or pretensions
You always prove, the best of your intentions
So if you ever ask, there ain’t no way

REPEAT CHORUS

Last edited by Al-David; 03/23/22 10:51 AM.

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops