Originally Posted By: Brille
+1
I had suggested something similar before, not only to limit the absolute range, e.g. to one octave, but also the available notes. For example, I would like to use BiaB to simulate my hang, a kind of steel drum that is tuned to a limited japanese Akebono scale of 5 notes in two octaves B C E F# and G. Fixed and not transposable.

I'd looked at a number of instruments for which I had VSTs and all those where the scale was restricted, e.g., to diatonic, etc., did sensible substitutions, but I've just looked at hang-type drums on Pianoteq and, whilst they limit to an octave-and-a-bit, they will play any note withing the range, which isn't the way a hang drum normally works. That would suggest that I'm probably wrong that limiting only the range is enough.

I'm a little torn between asking for something that I feel is likely already present but not usefully exposed and something that affects the character of play like defining a scale. There are many possible constraints to scales. A map of available notes would be a way, but it may be tricky to implement a playing style. That said, one can ask and PGM can consider it or not as they see fit.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.