I am glad others weighed in on these questions and hope more more will jump in. I originally bought EZD1 and upgraded to EZ2 during sales which come along annually. Unlike BIAB which folks complain that they have to buy too much, Toontrack took a different approach. In their case you buy only the basic kits with some limited midi and then have to buy all the extra midi separately. Either way, I believe, you really need it all. So pay now or pay later.

For me, EZD2 is one of those packages you love to hate or is it, hate to love? Drums are so needed and these drums can be lovely. But too many times I have had to throw my hands up in the air and just find another way to get what I needed (RD? grin ). EZD1 to EZD2 was a quantum leap in features and programming. Really remarkable! But all that power is tough to tame! I found I needed to approach drums like a individual song within a song. In fact, I would spend more time on the drum track than on the entire rest of the song. I have come to belive that this is a simple fact. Unfortunately, knowing this did not make my drums sound better.

One thing I did discover, I really needed a bigger collection of drum midi then came with the default package. When I opened my wallet and bought some of the add ons (not addition drum kits, but additional drum midi), things got better.

Drums are a unique Virtual Instrument! I buy tons of VIs. Generally all play beautifully right from the start. But not drums. I have always needed to fight the drums to capture their sounds. EZDrums is no exception.

But here is the bottom line. I do believe I will drop the $79 to upgrade.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper