Originally Posted By: Notes Norton

For decades, I've been using an Ultimate Support A-Frame keyboard stand. When I bought it, Ultimate Support gave me a lifetime guarantee. Some time later, a clamp broke (see picture) and they were happy to replace it. Years later, another broke and they said, "We don't make that anymore."

I told them, "What about your lifetime guarantee?" They responded, "You can't expect us to keep making a part we don't use anymore." I said, "Then why did you give me a lifetime guarantee."

It went nowhere

Notes,
The Consumer Protection Agency gives consumers a last recourse when businesses refuse to honor their guarantees. I don't know what power they have over businesses, but when The CPA contacts a business, they tend to comply.

Here's a link to a lookup table that will help you find the appropriate state agency. I don't know whether you need the state where the consumer lives, or the state where the company is located... but this link will help you find either.

Consumer Protection Agency

My guess is that after the CPA gets in touch with them in response to your complaint, they'll send you a whole new A-frame to get the issue resolved. Or not. It costs you nothing to file a grievance.

Effectively they told you "You can't expect us to honor our guarantee"... and yes, you CAN and SHOULD expect that.