This song started coming together when I was very sick. I had a tumor, blood clots, and other cancer complications in my mid and upper chest. The congestion began crushing my larynx causing me to lose my voice and not be able to speak above a whisper. Fluid was escaping into my chest cavity, collapsing my lungs, making it very difficult to breathe. I had lost the ability to walk, and could only stand with assistance. I was circling the drain, and a couple of doctors had already given up and said I wasn't going to make it. Fortunately, others wouldn't quit and I eventually pulled through. I had a whole new perspective on life and knew heaven certainly was getting closer every day. So knowing that I only had a limited number of words, breaths, and steps before that day would come, I began thinking about what I wanted to do with them - and then these lines started coming into my mind...

https://soundcloud.com/user-722422510/heavens-getting-closer Heaven's Getting Closer

With every breath I take I’m lifting you in praise. With every step I make I’m stepping out in faith.
With every prayer I pray I renew my strength. I will run and not be weary. I will walk and not be faint,
because on eagles wings, Lord you lift me up. When I’m feeling weak you fill me with love.
And it’s your face I seek, you wipe my tears away, and Heaven’s getting closer every single day.

Heaven’s getting closer every single day. Oh glory Hallelujah, Lord don’t hesitate.
‘cause we’re going to see our savior face to face, when you come to take us all away.
Yeah, Heaven’s getting closer every single day. It’s got me feeling like a kid that just can’t wait,
But the waiting’s getting shorter, soon the waiting will be over
‘cause Heaven’s getting closer every single day.

With every word I say, Lord I will proclaim that you’re the King of Glory who forever reigns
‘cause you died on the cross to save all who were lost, but on the third day you came out of that grave and set the captives free and that included me. Now who I was is just a memory.
You made me brand new, old things passed away, and Heaven’s getting closer every single day.

Heaven’s getting closer every single day. Oh glory Hallelujah, Lord don’t hesitate.
‘cause we’re going to see our savior face to face, when you come to take us all away.
Yeah, Heaven’s getting closer every single day. It’s got me feeling like a kid that just can’t wait,
‘cause Heaven’s getting closer…

With every breath I take. With every step I make. With every prayer I pray. With every word I say.
With every breath I take. With every step I make. With every prayer I pray, well I renew my strength.
With every breath I take. With every step I make. Oh Heaven’s getting closer every single day

Oh the days are getting shorter, soon the waiting will be over
Yeah Heaven’s getting closer every single day.

I'm sorry this is another I did before my hard drive broke, so it wasn't mixed in stereo and I'm sure there are other problems as well. Please let me know about them anyway so I can learn to make the necessary changes in future recordings. I did the music and vocals except for the dobro, banjo (Biab) and a great friend of mine did the bass back vocal. Neither of us realized that his "this is fun" comment was recorded until I listened much later. I decided I just had to keep it.

Dobro: Biab, Wanda Vick
Banjo: Biab, Pat McGrath
Bass Vocal: Shawn Moore