Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
Originally Posted By: Keith from Oz

There's hope for the younger generation yet.:)

Music always has the potential to be cross generational, and I think that's one of the many beauties of music for sure! My partner's dad who is nearly in his 70s loves Lady Gaga, as an example. On a drive up island one time he offered to let me control his spotify account which he had hooked up via bluetooth in his car, and he was pretty shocked when I searched up and put on a German rock music from his youth.

There's always going to be music that won't be to everyone's tastes (I'm not a fan of Lady Gaga), and I think truly that it boils down to personal taste and not actually one's generation that they belong to. Thematically speaking, there may be some lyrics that are more specific to certain generations, whether that's using music to comment on current events that kids born 20 years from then may not have context for, or even just generational ideals. But, overall, I think that themes such as love, adventure, heartbreak, wanderlust and much more are accessible to just about everyone and can resonate no matter when you were born.

That was very eloquently stated. I’ve listened many music styles from childhood in the 50’s when I would go to bed with an all night radio station though out my life. Your point about the commonality of themes crossing multiple genres is thought provoking and can serve to link seemingly disparate generations. We are sitting on the porch of a B&B looking at mountains as I type and the vibe of your post fits in very nicely. Thanks!

J&B