Matt/Dan/Gordon.
Yep ive checked the normal sources like pc mags and cpu benchmark etc...everywhere.
But all these sources dont offer real life daw/recording studio performance stats for daws.
Like max trak/plug in counts // how many high demanding sample libs can each processor handle assuming same ram like 64 g, and ssd’s coming out the ying yangs.
Even gearspace or recording org and google i spent ages searching for real life Recording stats…but came up with scant info.

Only idea i could come is to find a mainboard that supports all latest gen processors, and thusly
I could start with the i5 11400 , and if its not good enough try the next level up i7 etc.

Ssd’s are cheap, so is ram, and other components but its the darn processors that bust ones wallet. If anyone has any opinion on best mainboard at the budget level that supports i5 thru i9..
I would love to know. I dont just want to shell out for an i9 and find its not saving in real life daily studio use over the i5. I suspect where the rubber hits the road is high end processors might handle more orchestral sample lib vsti’s running on various traks concurrently.

I used to be big on acer desktops cos i never had one prob with them, and i can get an acer 11400 I5 for under 800 buks. And i never had bloat with acer. But its been awhile so maybe thats changed. Of course any new pc will not see the net.

Another thing is i would like a mainboard that supports 3 fast nvme/m.2 ssd’s.
So can isolate win on one ssd. Second ssd for mtr recording/playbak, and third ssd for sample libs.
Otoh i might need yet another ssd if i found an orch lib i really liked, but it might be a resource hog. So i would put it on its own ssd separate from other ssd’s.

I keep on going back to the fact ive done a slew of songs in reaps/bb/rb with no probs (but not running high resource plug ins or orch libs.)..but its getting long in the tooth.

Another option is i get a refurb off lease beast xeon hp or dell or lenovo workstation, and wait for
Things to settle more. Cos they are around 600 buks or less. Ive even seen them for 300 buks.

https://ca.refurb.io/products/hp-worksta...5UaAjBhEALw_wcB

Thanks all for your input. ..oh how i long for ultra hi speed 2 zillion ghz processors…lol.

Happiness.
om

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)