When it comes to PC's I've always used the 90/50 formula. Find one that gives you 90% of the performance of the top of the line for 50% of the cost. Right now that seems to be the new AMD Ryzens, if you read the reviews you'll find that AMD is kicking Intel's butt right now. Then I go on Craigslist and find someone who builds them.

That's what I did with my new Ryzen 5 5600 G, 16 gigs ram, 512 Gig SSD. A similar Intel system from Dell is about $1,200. I found a guy on Craigslist who sold it to me brand new with all the receipts, boxes and docs that the components came with dated 10 days before I bought it, with Win 11 Pro installed for $720. And in a very nice slim vertical case that fits right next to my new 65" big screen.

Compare my Ryzen system to an I5 system for specs and performance and you'll see that formula. It's true, the majority of reviews are all about gaming but I found a few that were focused on music production, the Ryzens are fine for that too.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.